Quick Tips! Can The Electric Kettle Change Color?
The answer is: yes. So how do we clean it to make it as good as new? This blog will help you!
What Is The Electric Kettle? The Structure Of The Electric Kettle:
In today's world, an electric kettle can be found in many households around the world. They are often used by people who spend a lot of time away from home or who like having hot beverages throughout the day.
The main part of the kettle is the heating element, a water tank, a base, and a lid. There are different types of electric kettles such as the tea maker, travel kettle, and glass kettle. The structure of the electric kettle is as follows:
- Base: This part is used to support the kettle when it is not in use or during cooking.
- Lid: This part is used to cover the opening at the top where water can be poured into the kettle. It also prevents steam from escaping it when it heats up.
- Heating Element: The heating element is the most important part of an electric kettle because it gets the water to boil as quickly as possible. This is usually an embedded coil of metal in the bottom of the base unit or a heating rod that passes through the base unit's center.
- Water Tank: The water tank holds the water you want to boil and keeps it insulated from direct heat until the boiling point is reached. It should be made from non-porous materials such as stainless steel so that no chemicals can leach into your drinking water when you are not using it for cooking purposes.
- Spout: The spout is a small opening on the top of the kettle that allows you to pour out your boiling water without spilling it everywhere.
Usually, the parts of the kettle that will change color are the water tank and the spout. Because they need frequent contact with water, such as tea and so on.
Can The Electric Kettle Change The Color?
The Electric Kettle is a very popular item in the kitchen. Its function is to boil water quickly and easily. However, there are some questions about electric kettles which may cause you to worry.
Sometimes you may wonder can the electric kettle change color. In fact, there are many kinds of hot water bottles made of materials, some of which are easy to change color, and some are not easy to change color. Or there are some materials that can be easily cleaned.
Why Is Your Kettle Turning Brown?
The answer to this question is quite simple. The electric kettles are made of stainless steel and are extremely durable, but over time the color of the kettle can change to brown and black because you might use it without cleaning it regularly or because of the dirt that gets stuck on its surface.
In most cases, this problem is caused by using too much water in your kettle or heating it for too long. The extra water will cause more steam to be produced, which causes more oxidation on the surface of your kettle. As such, this can lead to discoloration over time.
Which part of the kettle is most likely to change color?
The plastic parts of the kettle are most likely to change color over time. The main reason is that they come into contact with high-temperature water; this happens when you're boiling water or even if you're just heating up water for tea or coffee.
The metal parts of the kettle, on the other hand, do not come into contact with high temperatures and thus are less likely to change color.
Moreover, for a metal kettle that has been used for a long time, the most prone to discoloration are the water tank and spout. Therefore, in daily use, pay attention to choosing a kettle with better materials. For example, Evoloop's electric kettle has a removable nylon filter, which is very easy to clean. This saves you from having to wait a long time to clean it, you can take it off and clean it whenever you want.
Moreover, the material of this kettle is 304 food-grade stainless steel that does not contain BPA. This means it is very safe and reliable.
How To Clean A Discolored Electric Kettle?
If you want your kettle to look new and shiny, then you need to clean it regularly and remove all the stains by following these steps:
- Take a damp cloth and wipe off all the stains from the outer surface of your electric kettle. This will help in removing some of your stains.
- If there are some hard-to-remove stains on your electric kettle, then you can use baking soda and vinegar mixture to clean them off easily without causing any damage to its surface.
- You can also use lemon juice instead of vinegar if you don’t have any vinegar at home or don’t prefer using it for cleaning purposes at home because it has an acidic content which may cause damage to your skin if used for too long without wearing gloves while cleaning the surface of your electric kettle with lemon juice.
Will Vinegar Damage An Electric Kettle?
If you have a kettle that is made of stainless steel, then vinegar is not going to damage it. However, if your kettle is made of aluminum or copper then it will damage the kettle. The best way to clean your kettle is with hot water and soap.
But in fact, the damage of vinegar to the kettle is not as serious as you think. Just remember not to leave the vinegar in the kettle for too long. Of course, you can also choose Evoloop's electric kettle. It is made of stainless steel and has a low chemical reaction with corrosive liquids such as white vinegar.
Because they are very corrosion-resistant. So, you don't have to worry about damaging the kettle by cleaning it with white vinegar.